2013 Registration and Meeting Information
The Larry L. Hillblom Foundation 12th Annual Scientific Meeting will take place in Monterey, CA on October 28, 2013.
Meeting presentations will begin at 8:45 a.m on Monday, October 28th and conclude by 2:00 p.m. Please plan your travel accordingly to participate in ALL meeting activities.
Meeting Registration Form
- Please complete the LLHF 2013 Meeting Registration Form and return it directly to the Hillblom Foundation office via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The meeting registration form must be completed and received no later than Wednesday, August 21st, 2013.
- The Foundation *does not* make your hotel reservation. In addition to completing the registration form, you must contact the Monterey Plaza directly to reserve your room.
Hotel InformationMonterey Plaza Hotel & Spa
400 Cannery Row
Monterey, CA 93940
Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa Website
- Room Rate: $195 per night plus tax (note: ocean view rooms are $285 per night plus tax & are subject to availability)
- Resort Fee (optional): If you would prefer, a $25 nightly resort fee may be added to your bill which includes valet parking, spa facilities, and wireless internet access.
- Toll Free Reservation Number: 800-334-3999 (select option #2 for reservations)
- Please reference the "Larry Hillblom Foundation" or (reference ID#: hil1027) when making your reservation, so that you will receive our group rate.
General Airline & Airport Information / Driving Directions:
- The Monterey Plaza Hotel provides details for your convenience.
- Monterey Peninsula Airport (MRY) is a 10 minute drive to the hotel and has over 40 daily flights on several major airlines.
- San Jose Airport (SJC) is 75 miles north of Monterey, with a driving time of approximately 1.5 hours.
- San Francisco Airport (SFO) is 100 miles north of Monterey, with a driving time of approximately 2 hours.
- Monterey Air Bus Shuttle Service
Provides direct service from San Jose & San Francisco airports to the Monterey Plaza Hotel
- American International Transportation Service (AITS)
Local car service that provides private transportation directly to the Monterey Plaza Hotel (to & from your origin or the airports)
- Yellow Cab
Local taxi service in Monterey, as well as airport pick-up/drop-off
- Google Map
The following meals will be provided for you during the program:
- Monday, October 28th: Breakfast and Lunch
Internet Access and Business Center
- Wireless internet access is available for $9.95 per day (if you are paying the "resort fee", there is no additional charge for WiFi, it is already included).
- There is a 24 hour self service Business Center located in the Upper Plaza of the hotel (charges vary).
Additional Guest Services & Local Area Information
- The hotel provides complimentary apples in the hotel lobby, shoeshines, and daily newspaper delivery.
As a reminder, the LLHF includes in each of your grant budgets money for travel to our Annual Scientific Meeting. In addition to your required presentation, as a professional courtesy to our Board and your fellow scientists, you are expected to participate in all of the activities of our meeting.
If you have any questions regarding the scientific meeting or hotel information, please contact us directly.
We hope that you have had an exciting and productive year! We are looking forward to seeing each of you in October.