All News & EventsUp one level
- The 2013 Larry L. Hillblom Foundation 12th Annual Scientific Sessions (Monterey, CA, from 2013-10-28 07:30 to 2013-10-28 14:00)
- The LLHF 12th Annual Scientific Sessions will take place in Monterey, CA on October 28, 2013.
- UCSF News Center: "New Dementia Diagnostic Exams and Gene Findings Bode Well for Treatment"
- Dr. Bruce Miller, the director of the UCSF Memory & Aging Center and a LLHF Network Grantee, describes advances in frontotemporal dementia (FTD) research and the ability to diagnose dementia more accurately through improvements in behavioral assessment tools, imaging techniques, and gene testing.
- Rady Children's Specialists: "Dr. Alberto Hayek Discusses Stem Cell Research for Diabetes"
- Alberto Hayek, M.D., a pediatric endocrinologist, the co-director of the Pediatric Diabetes Research Center (PDRC) as well as a LLHF Network Grantee discusses, in an online interview, the potential for stem cells to become insulin-producing cells.
- Buck Institute: "Global Leader in Revolutionary Stem Cell Technology"
- Associate Professor, Xianmin Zeng PhD, from the Buck Institute and a LLHF Grant recipient has developed new stem cell therapy for Parkinson's Disease which provides a method to reproduce the required amount of clinical grade neurons essential for human trials. She also confirmed this technique could be created in a good manufacturing practice facility which is necessary for clinical trials.